Monday, May 25, 2009

Why I Think My Calling is in Wedding Planning

I love to plan. I am OCD for details. I go over numbers in my head and then again to make sure they are right and then again to make sure that I haven't messed anything up. I love details, planning out the stationery, the dinner, the music, the whole shebang! I want to be a wedding planner! I have been wanting to be one for the past year, and I think that is what I am going to pursue after college. I want to coordinate all kinds of events for a living, not just weddings. I think I would be great at it. I would never get bored, and I would be associating with people and doing what I love to do best: plan. Ask anyone and they will tell you that I am a planner. But the other great thing that I bring to the table is that I am creative. I am already planning my own wedding with Andrew as my co-planner; but a lot of the stuff I am doing, such as invites, catering, and coordinating, I am doing on my own. I was working on my "will you be my bridesmaid" cards today and Andrew looked at me, and he said, "You look so happy. You should be a wedding planner." And I totally agree with him. I should be a wedding planner. But I wouldn't just be planning the wedding, I would be helping the couple prepare for married life, be there to remind them both that the wedding is just a day, and what they are committing to lasts forever. It would be my dream job. So, I am enrolling in the ABC wedding consultant program this January to begin my training and be a certified event planner by June of next year, enough time to have a few apprenticed weddings and get in with a prestigious event planning company by August, after my own wedding. Yeah, it may sound a little bit overblown and "perfect" but I have already accounted for all the hard work and planning it is going to take to obtain this dream job of mine. Luckily, I am the ultimate when it comes to planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment