Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Budget Plan

  • Every bride has a budget. If she doesn't, then she is asking for a kick in the pants fast, because if you don't stick to the budget, you might find yourself in a world, and I mean a WORLD of debt. Andrew and I are paying for our own wedding, basically. My father is issuing me a $10,000 budget to work with for our wedding. Most couples have atleast $20,000 to work with, but I believe that the more you try to impress someone with your wedding, the more you
a. fret over whether or not they are going to like it
b. worry too much about the details of the wedding and not your marriage
c. have serious issues with what it takes to make you happy.
Yeah, some girls are big into the 3-5 course sit down meals with the full cake and flowing wine and champagne, but that's just not me. So, I, Morgan Overcash, along with the help of Andrew, my closest friends and family, are going to pull a fun, wonderful, lovely wedding together on a shoe-string budget. Impossible? I think not!

Budget $10,000
  1. Ceremony
  • Officiant's Fee $100
  • Time Capsule & Pens $20
  • Site Fee $2000
  • RUNNING TOTAL $2120
  1. Wedding Attire
  • Gown Alterations(wearing mom's dress) $350
  • Makeup & Hair $50
  • Nails $50
  • Reception Dress $100
  • RUNNING TOTAL $2670
  1. Stationery(I'm doing it all myself)
  • Save the Date Postcards $75
  • Invitations & RSVPS $150
  • Programs $50
  • Thank You Notes $75
  • Postage $200
  • RUNNING TOTAL $3220
  1. Cocktail Hour & Reception
  • Cocktails $750
  • Hors d'oeuvres $300
  • Main Meal $1000
  • Candy Bar $250
  • RUNNING TOTAL $5520
  1. Cakes
  • Wedding Cupcakes $200
  • Groom's Cake $75
  • Cake Top, Knife, and Glasses $50
  • RUNNING TOTAL $5845
  1. Flowers
  • Wedding Flowers $200
  • Recpetion Flowers $150
  • RUNNING TOTAL $6195
  1. Rental Items
  • Tent(s) $600
  • Dance Floor $500
  • Lights $100
  • Tables & Chairs Provided by LCRC
  • Tablecloths $200
  • RUNNING TOTAL $7595
  1. Music
  • Ceremony Musicians from WU $240
  • DJ for Cocktail Hour and Reception $600
  • RUNNING TOTAL $8435
  1. Miscellaneous
  • Unexpected Expenses $500
  • GRAND TOTAL $8935

There it is. I was able to budget a little over $1000 under budget. How I am going to actually pull it off? Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. What about the wedding photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the budgeting of your wedding plans! I do hope that you were able to stick with this and were able to save the $1000 that you didn’t use. I know planning something this big under a budget that’s smaller than usual can’t have been easy, so my kudos to you for all your efforts!

    - Saturnina Corbeil

    ReplyDelete