Monday, June 8, 2009

We Have Set the Date!






Hello, all! So this is more of a celebratory blog as opposed to an informative. Andrew and I went to Kilburnie on Sunday and the owner Johannes Tromp gave us a tour of the house and grounds as well as the ceremony and reception site at his residence at Craig Farm. I am not going to lie. I was 17 when my mom first drove me by Kilburnie, and ever since then I have wanted to be married there. The inn was originally built in downtown Lancaster until Johannes came down from the north. The building was being used as this gigantic rubbish storage place and was scheduled for demolition until Johannes purchased it and, get this, took the whole thing apart like a puzzle, and reassembled it across the street from Craig Farm. He restored to the house to its former glory and is now one of the most romantic sites in all of the South. So, anyways, Andrew ultimately fell in love with the inn like I did and we have September 4, 2010 under contract. I know it seems like a long time off, but for this venue we needed to make a decision fast. Kilburnie is a hot spot for weddings, and some have already been scheduled for 2011! But we are thrilled to basically have our venue booked and a set date. And yes, it's labor day weekend, but I am figuring out some ways to make it a wedding weekend so our guests from out of town will have a lot of fun. And yes, we are sticking to the $10,000 budget. Here's a few pictures of Kilburnie. It's just awesome, seriously.




























Here is the link to Kilburnie's story if you really want to see what this place looked like before it was fixed. Just fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2feCQtjDc

No comments:

Post a Comment