Monday, August 17, 2009

Cooking Together














Having spent a week apart due to my last family vacation to Gatlinburg, Andrew and I practically spent the entire weekend together. Yesterday, at Andrew's insistence, we snuck a few cheeseburgers into Julie and Julia after church and had the most wonderful date in quite a while. The movie was fantatsic, by the way, and everyone should go see it. Julie Powell reminded me so much of myself in that she starts all these crazy projects and never finishes them. And she is with this wonderful, nice guy. :) And, as soon as she began writing her blog, I realized how much I have been denying my own blog. I just didn't realize how much...over a month?! Geez where did the time go? So, taking a page from Ms. Powell's book(which I am now reading, by the way), we decided to cook together on Andrew's two nights off and I am now blogging about it.









Dinner last night was magnificent and simple. If you ever get a chance to go to Gatlinburg, go down to All Sauced Up and the Old Mill Pottery Kitchen. There, you will find culinary masterpieces in a bag, and all you have to do is add liquid. Don't have to tell anyone your secret. We began our meal with pita bread dipped in spices with olive oil. Sooooo good....Then we made spaghetti and Andrew did that great thing where he throws the noodle against the wall to make sure it's done...I wonder if it's still up there...And we topped it off with this wonderful Mountain Valley Red Wine from this great winery my family found in Pigeon Forge. Besides feeding each other pita bread after, it was fun cooking together. And cooking is a great, sensual activity if you are looking for a date night in. In fact, once I am finally comfy with Andrew taking the lead every now and then in the kitchen, we will probably be cooking together every Sunday and Monday night. Below are the links to the fantastic culinary stores!




















www.mountainvalleywinery.com




No comments:

Post a Comment