Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Andrew's and My First Child

No, Ma, I am NOT pregnant! Andrew and I are adopting our first baby...kitten. Her name is Maddie. She is practically perfect in every way and will add quite a bit of cat hair to my outfits. We met her on Sunday after discovering her on petfinder.com. She is about 14 weeks old and is so freaking affectionate my other cat, Beau (not named after my best friend, just so we get that straight) pales in comparison. You hear that, Beau Kitty? Stop being so pissy! I still love you.
Back to Maddie. We are getting her tonight and Andrew, I do believe, is more excited than me about her arrival. While I was at work on Monday he went out shopping for Maddie and brought back a few toys and after getting me to close my eyes, surprised me with something cold and small in the palm of my hand. It was a silver tag with Maddie's name on it. I never knew I could get so choked up over a stupid piece of metal before Monday. It was cute and I bought a pink collar to go with it...don't judge me. So, here are a few pictures of our new baby. I will try so hard not to make her the central figure in my blogs, but my God she is sooo freaking cute!

2 comments: