Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kitchen Reno Update, Bench Repair, and Maddie's First Night

This morning I woke up and thought my cat had died. After Andrew decided to turn on all the lights in the condo and then in our bedroom, I woke up on my day off to look for Maddie. Since we brought her home last night, she had taken to hiding behind the couch, under the bed, table...you name it, she was hiding there. So I ended up finding her behind the couch and she was just staring up at me. She wasn't blinking and I freaked out, thinking she had somehow died behind the couch. So I moved it and she retreated back under our bed until I was able to coax her out with food and give her her medicine. She hated me all morning.

So, I got dressed and went out to get the materials to repair my mom's broken bench. It cost me about $30 to fix the thing, but it turned out beautifully.
I used 3/4" plywood, a hot glue gun, some batting for quilting and a nice fabric that I got on sale for $3.50. Want to know what ticks me off, though? I had to pay for the whole freaking piece of plywood, including the parts I didn't use. And dumbie that I am let them keep the rest of it. Bah!!! But anyways, it only took me a whole of 15 minutes to fix it so it was worth it in the end, I suppose. I now have a place to blog and do homework. :)
I was able to make some headway in my Julia Child kitchen reno this week. I painted the cabinets the color I wanted and I think they turned out quite well. I am going to wait a little while before I move on to the flooring. Mainly because I have to buy another stupid book for my Geology lab. $66.00! Darn the text book companies to hell! They are doing Satan's work, for serious. Why charge that much? Because they know they can and that's just evil. Done with that tyrade. Here is the updated kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment