Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Julia Child-ing My Kitchen

I first want to begin by acknowledging the fact that I do believe that I am an old woman living in a 21-year old's body. That being said, I should also say that enjoy my good times as well, so I am "not dead yet." If you have seen Julie and Julia, you know exactly how freaking awesome Julia Child's kitchen looks. Maybe some of you even had the chance to see some Julia Child episodes where she filmed in her kitchen. For the rest of you, here's a snapshot.
Gorgeous, right? My kitchen will probably never look like this, however, it will look pretty darn good. There are several phases of my kitchen makeover. Phase One, repainting the cabinets to the sage and light blue has been completed. I put a twist on the paint job, though. I painted all the bottom cabinets and backs sage while I just painted the upper cabinets with a blue. I will post pictures later.
Phase Two will consist of adding a new floor, since our old floor has been torn by the previous owner and we need to replace it anyway.
Phase Three will probably be my favorite part of the reno. I will put in a pantry and a pegboard wall to hang up my pots and pans...with the characteristic Julia outlines so that I won't forget where everything goes...neurotic I know...
Phase Four I will put in the final touches like the magnetic knife rack and spice racks.
The key to renovating the kitchen is to make it more efficient, something that my kitchen is currently lacking in. It is frustrating not knowing where anything is. If you guys have any tips on kitchen organization, please send them my way. And one more thing...Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment